Tuesday 19 November 2019

Look After Yourself...


...they say. But all the offers of help are hedged-around, or expensive, or at unhelpful times. Look after yourself, they say, but no-one turns up and does the washing or the washing-up without being asked, or cleans the floor, or offers to husband-sit so I can go out to the hairdressers or the doctors.  And I know I can ask, but that's both demeaning and quite hard, as I know I may end up being resented, or worse..

I need to do stuff, I do have a business to run and a house to keep, and most of all a husband, sick and almost absent, who needs cleaning, and washing and emptying and re-filling and constantly reminding that he must eat and drink to stay alive a little longer.

And I'm lonely. It's so quiet, and I can't settle to anything for long, as the endless tiny tasks go on and on and on and on...

Sorry, feeling self-pity doesn't help either, but perhaps the alternative is anger, and that will definitely not do..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.